The Aspen Institute is a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society. Since its founding in 1949, the Institute has been driving change through dialogue, leadership, and action to help solve the most critical challenges facing communities in the United States and around the world. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Institute has a campus in Aspen, Colorado, and an international network of partners.
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is looking for someone passionate about Small and Growing Businesses (SGBs) and developing entrepreneurial ecosystems and maximizing their role in developing economies to help create a more sustainable and equitable world.
ANDE is recruiting a Senior Talent Associate. This role is based in Washington, DC. The position will report to the Managing Director for Global Operations and Strategy with dotted line reporting to the Executive Director and will support teams in the United States and internationally.
The Work of ANDE
As the leading global voice of the SGB sector, ANDE believes that SGBs are a powerful yet underleveraged tool in addressing social and environmental challenges. Since 2009, ANDE has grown into a trusted network of nearly 300 collaborative members that, together, operate in nearly every developing country. ANDE works to grow the body of knowledge, mobilize resources, and connect the institutions that support small business entrepreneurs. ANDE is part of the Aspen Institute, a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society.
ANDE has a very diverse, global team of 50+ people, working at present in 10 countries in Asia, Africa and the Americas. A career at ANDE is more than just a job – it means bringing your unique skill set and expertise to solve some of the global challenges we are trying to address. ANDE recognizes that the team is the most vital resource and values their knowledge, passion, and commitment. Being a part of the ANDE team means working in a collaborative and supportive environment.
We offer the following opportunities to all our global team members:
- Professional development, including access to ANDE professional development fund and online learning platform
- Team building, including happy hours, game sessions, and quarterly wellness hour events
- Opportunities to participate in ANDE’s global events, as well as seminars and convenings sponsored by the Aspen Institute
- Opportunities to participate in internal task forces, such as Culture Building and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
The candidate will self-identify with or have worked in an environment previously that aligns with ANDE’s Values. People who work at ANDE:
- Are motivated by the urgency of the global challenges we are addressing
- Embrace diverse experiences and perspectives
- Value community and collaborative action
- Leverage limited resources for maximum impact
- Work hard and have fun
This role will provide you a firsthand opportunity to learn about the SGB sector in Asia, Africa and the Americas and provide international non-profit human resources skill-building opportunities and potential for advancement.
- Ensuring that all potential hires and team members have an experience that is reflective of the organization’s values.
- Talent Acquisition: Facilitating all aspects of the hiring process, including recruiting, posting job descriptions, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, and conducting reference checks.
- Employment Agreement: Facilitating all aspects of the employment agreement development and process.
- Onboarding: Working with the hiring manager to ensure that all new hires are onboarded appropriately into the organization.
- Oversee any team member departures, interfacing with Aspen Institute Human Resources, technology, and other departments to ensure efficient and secure offboarding.
- Salary and Benefits:
- Periodically benchmark salaries across ANDE’s international team locations. Benchmark and track benefits across all ANDE international team locations.
- Work closely with Aspen Institute HR to support the ANDE team.
- Training and Development
- Work with existing and identify new training and professional development tools to design targeted training and professional development options for staff, including wellness activities.
- Professional Development: Identify professional development opportunities, oversee approval for professional development fund.
- Employee Relations:
- Serve as a trusted resource to managers and the full team on a variety of human resource topics.
- Policy and Processes:
- Keep all Human Resources related policies and processes up to date and train all employees on such processes.
- Ensure all contracts are up to date.
- Maintain all human resources related materials.
The ideal candidate for this role has the following:
- Has at least a bachelor’s degree and around five years of experience managing talent development in a growing, diverse, international non-profit or for-profit context.
- SHRM Certified Professional preferred.
- Experience with developing, implementing and maintaining HR systems and processes.
- Is a highly organized self-starter who can prioritize effectively and work well individually as well as supporting a large, diverse global team operating across different cultures.
- Experience working with labor lawyers across multiple countries helpful.
- Is motivated by helping others reach their potential and thrilled to celebrate their professional successes.
- Prior experience in an international environment.
- Excited to work in a very diverse, fast-paced global context.
Application Instructions – Please submit a cover letter including salary expectations and resume through the online portal. ANDE will not consider applications without a cover letter and salary expectations. We are only recruiting candidates authorized to work in the United States who do not require sponsorship.
The Aspen Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all District and federal laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.
Candidate must have the ability to work under pressure and handle stress. Candidate must also have the ability to meet the regular attendance policy of the Aspen Institute.