ANDE is recruiting for a new Operations Coordinator in East Africa based in Nairobi. This role is based in Nairobi, Kenya, on an initial one-year contract. The position will report to the Head of the East Africa Chapter.
The work of ANDE
As the leading global voice of the SGB sector, ANDE believes that SGBs are a powerful yet underleveraged tool in addressing social and environmental challenges. Since 2009, ANDE has grown into a trusted network of nearly 300 collaborative members that operate in almost every developing economy. ANDE works to grow the body of knowledge, mobilize resources, and connect the institutions that support the small business entrepreneurs. ANDE is part of the Aspen Institute, a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society.
Working at ANDE
The ANDE team is from all around the globe with varied backgrounds, qualifications, and experiences. A career at ANDE is more than just a job – it means bringing your unique skill set and expertise to solve some of the global challenges we are trying to address. ANDE recognizes that the team is the most vital resource, and value their knowledge, passion, and commitment. Being a part of the ANDE team means working in a collaborative and supportive environment.
We offer the following opportunities to all our global staff:
- Professional development opportunities, including access to ANDE professional development fund and online learning platform Pryor.
- Team building, including happy hours, game sessions, and quarterly Wellness Hour events.
- Opportunities to participate in ANDE’s global events, as well as seminars and convenings sponsored by the Aspen Institute.
- Opportunities to participate in internal committees, such as Culture Building and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity task forces.
The candidate will self-identify with or even have worked in an environment previously that aligns with ANDE’s Values. People who work at ANDE:
- are motivated by the urgency of the global challenges we are trying to address
- embrace diverse experiences and perspectives
- value community and collaborative action
- leverage limited resources for maximum impact
- work hard and have fun
This role will expose you to the SGB sector in emerging economies and provide various skill-building opportunities, including project management and communication.
Details descriptions about the role include the following:
- Prepare the Chapter’s monthly newsletter and a biweekly chapter update in partnership with the Regional Communications Associate.
- Prepare the Chapter’s social media engagement strategy in partnership with the Regional Communications Associate.
- Manage the Chapter’s social media pages.
- Prepare communications toolkits for chapter events, news reports, and programs in partnership with the Regional Communication Associate.
- Assist the Head of the East Africa Chapter with staff onboarding and offboarding, updating existing job descriptions, and scheduling interviews.
- Maintain and update the leave schedule in partnership with the Human Resource Department.
- Maintain and update the Chapter’s asset inventory.
- Organize celebration and recognition of staff life celebrations, including tracking birthdays, sending congratulatory messages on team WhatsApp channel, and arranging for snacks/cards/gifts as appropriate.
- Prepare the quarterly chapter activity report in partnership with Head of the East Africa Chapter.
- Planning for staff travel.
- Scheduling internal and external meetings.
- Manage the Chapter’s event calendar.
- Create and manage event pages in partnership with Program Leads.
- Provide technical support during virtual events/coordinate with service providers during in-person events.
- Update new contacts and event participants on ANDE’s salesforce database.
- Send follow-up material to event participants.
The ideal candidate for this role has the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field.
- One-two years of administrative/operational experience with nonprofits is preferred.
- Experience with social media engagement, event support, and managing a monthly newsletter.
- Excellent verbal and communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment.
- A team-player mindset and is excited about engaging with many cultures and learning about the SGB sector.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Databases, and analytical tools preferred
- Experience in Salesforce, Asana, and Campaign Monitor is highly preferred
Application Instructions – Please submit a cover letter including salary expectations and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications without a cover letter and salary expectations will not be considered.
- The position is only open to local applicants from Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Ethiopia. All applicants must have current authorization to work in Kenya.
- Application Deadline – 20th August 2021