Ceres is a sustainability non-profit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and inequitable workplaces. Ceres is transforming the economy to build a sustainable future for people and the planet.
Ceres seeks a Vice President, Networks to oversee Ceres Company Network, Investor Network, and Events and Sponsorship teams, in a fast-paced, not-for-profit, organization with a $19+ million budget. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced professional to build on Ceres’ solid achievements in advancing private sector leadership on a wide range of sustainability issues.
The Vice President, Networks will serve on the five-person Program Management Team to ensure programmatic alignment, coordination and impact across the organization. This candidate will oversee and collaborate with the Company and Investor Network directors in developing and implementing strategies to cultivate and grow the Networks, advance corporate and investor sustainability practices, and engage Network member companies and investors in Ceres’ initiatives and campaigns to advance Ceres’ mission. The VP Networks will also oversee the Events team to produce Ceres’ signature convenings, the Ceres Conference and Investor Summit. This role is well-suited for someone who will be able to represent Ceres externally in a wide range of settings, particularly as a high-level ambassador to Ceres’ company and investor stakeholders, funders, and donors representing the organization in public and private forums. Qualifications include:
- 15 years of relevant work experience in roles of progressive responsibility. Experience in private sector desired.
- Experience as a senior leader and manager in a fast-paced, nonprofit organization. Experience with environmental or sustainability issues desired.
- Demonstrated record of supervising senior staff to achieve organizational programmatic and fundraising goals.
- Proven track record of results-driven strategic program management is required, including demonstrated success in supervising senior staff to achieve organizational programmatic and fundraising goals.
- Strong relationship management skills with external partners and funders is necessary for success in this position.
- Proven track record and successful engagement in a public relations or external communications role.
- Demonstrated success in both halves of the resource equation—cultivating and closing income prospects, and managing and deploying staff and budgets.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Ceres.