Who We Are:
Solidaridad (www.solidaridadnetwork.org) is a global non-profit network organization facilitating the development of socially responsible, environmentally sound, and economically viable commodity supply chains. We work in over 40 countries with eight regional expertise centers (RECs) on five continents; in the US and Canada, the Solidaridad Network is represented by Solidaridad North America, a 501(c)(3) organization. With an emphasis on empowering smallholder farmers, artisanal miners, and workers in developing countries, Solidaridad is a leader in bringing together supply chain actors to implement innovative, context-specific, market-based solutions that improve production practices, enhance rural livelihoods, and protect the environment—ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
We envision a world in which all we produce, and all we consume, can sustain us while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations.
Who We’re Looking For:
Solidaridad North America is looking for a Climate Innovation and Green Growth Specialist to join a lean team of committed professionals that is growing Solidaridad’s presence in North America and driving support to global programs tackling the biggest challenges all along the supply chain. The Climate and Green Growth specialist will apply their technical expertise to develop innovative climate solutions in global supply chains, that will attract climate, donor, and corporate funding, and accelerate sector wide impact.
The Specialist will be an analytical and creative thinker, with a strong professional network, and a proven track record in materializing high-impact green growth solutions based on technical soundness, creative collaboration, and successful fundraising. This role will bolster Solidaridad’s strengths as a solution-driven organization that harnesses the power of a network structure and on-ground presence to push forward innovative approaches to climate change mitigation and adaptation among smallholder producers. From developing winning propositions at the intersection of themes such as climate, migration, and inclusion, to strategizing around payment for impact solutions, to providing technical advice on ongoing and new climate innovations globally, this role calls for adaptive skills, out of the box thinking, and cross-cultural collaboration.
The ideal candidate has a results-oriented work attitude, is a self-starter, requires minimal supervision, and enjoys working as part of a team. Preference for candidates with experience working in cross-cultural settings. The Climate and Green Growth specialist will report to the Managing Director, working closely with the North America team and collaborating with global teams as appropriate.
Minimal travel, domestic and possibly some international, is anticipated.
Location: Based in the United States; possibly a remote work opportunity. East Coast preferable, other locations can be considered.
What we expect:
Work in close collaboration with Solidaridad North America’s Head of Corporate Engagement and Head of Programs and Partnerships to:
- Lead on the development of innovative climate propositions and solutions relevant to Solidaridad’s Multi-Annual Strategic Plan
- Lead and advise on the development of multi-million dollar concepts/propositions/proposals for North American Climate Funds, Donors, and Corporations
- Play the role of lead technical coordinator and advisor in anticipated multi-country, multi-commodity USAID project focused on preventing commodity-driven deforestation in the Amazon, involving a 4-member consortium
- Actively promote Solidaridad’s Climate Innovation and Green Growth agenda externally with a focus on the donor/corporate/climate finance community in North America
- Build off of existing networks and create new networks of partners and funders to advance Solidaridad’s Climate Innovation and Green Growth agenda
- Contribute to an innovation agenda on the roll-out of Solidaridad’s climate solutions within the Solidaridad network
- Together with the Head of Corporate Engagement and Head of Programs and Partnerships, support the management of global and North American climate finance accounts
- Build intelligence and advise Solidaridad colleagues across the organization’s eight regional offices about global climate donors and funds based in North America
- Remain abreast of Solidaridad network developments, existing programs as well as relevant resource needs within the network
- Contribute to wider REC North America and global Solidaridad deliverables focused on climate innovation and green growth.
What your background is likely to include:
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth understanding of climate finance donors, mechanisms, application processes, and priorities
- Expertise in agricultural supply chains, natural resource management, climate innovation, green growth, and related areas
- Established track record in developing winning propositions and securing funding from climate and green growth funders
- Established track record in leading and managing teams for project implementation and fundraising
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to gather information, analyze and synthesize content, and write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive content for grant proposals and other communication materials
- Ability to cross-pollinate ideas and concepts across different thematic areas related to climate innovation, green growth, and supply chain sustainability
- Meticulousness and high attention to detail
- Strong collaboration and team-working skills
- Experience working internationally and collaborating in a multicultural setting
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree preferred.
- 10+ years of practical and thought leadership on climate innovation and solutions
- Demonstrable and direct experience in developing large scale winning proposals to climate funds and donors
- Demonstrable and direct experience in managing multi-organizational teams and projects focused on climate innovation; US Government project experience desirable
- Research and writing experience in agriculture, international development, environment and sustainability issues
- Demonstrated experience producing high-quality written materials, based on sound, interdisciplinary research.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Native speaker fluency in English required (fluency in Spanish is highly desirable).
- Experience working in the North American context, along with exposure to global work cultures
- Experience working/living overseas is highly desirable.
How to apply:
If you think you’re a good fit and are ready for the challenge, please email salary expectations, resume and cover letter to Libby Daghlian at email@example.com. Please include Climate Innovation and Green Growth Specialist in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
Open until filled.