You will provide advice, guidance, and support to headquarters, regional, and country teams to integrate the most contextually appropriate and sustainable private sector engagement (PSE) approaches into the design of new programs, while also supporting the implementation of related awards. Your knowledge, advice, and guidance will contribute to effective, adaptive, and innovative PSE within CRS programing across the globe. You will also contribute to internal learning processes that help shape and influence CRS’ strategies to better achieve sustainability and expand its ability to reach scale through private sector partnerships and strategic alliances to serve the poor and vulnerable.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of the technical design in PSE for proposals. Support the process of preparation, design, submission and approval of project concepts and full-fledged proposals. Advise project teams on integrating donor strategies, priorities, and technical requirements into CRS’ approach.
- Lead capacity strengthening initiatives for staff and partners by developing learning and training strategies and agendas/curriculums, conducting trainings and workshops, and mentoring and coaching staff.
- Advise teams on integrating the private sector and market systems development (MSD) approaches into prepositioning and design for new projects. Propose technical solutions to teams, remotely and on-site, for strategic planning and how to best apply standards, best practices, partnership principles, tools, and M&E, to help ensure high-quality implementation.
- Support the development and implementation of agency-wide strategies, standards, tools and best practices in private sector engagement.
- Develop content to support knowledge management and learning (KML) efforts, such as presenting for the expected PSE Community of Practice, working with colleagues across departments to integrate and/or update policies and guidance to enable effective PSE.
- Support the PSE KML Lead to collect and analyze program data, manage contractors conducting data collection and analysis, capture and share lessons learned across CRS sectors and external audiences and best practices for specific projects to contribute to the PSE Learning Agenda.
- Participate in forums in the area of private sector engagement to collect and share best practices and promote CRS’ work.
- Support teams to conduct appropriate levels of due diligence according to the type(s) of proposed private sector engagement or partnership(s).
- Participate in short-term assignments to support all phases of the project live cycle, as prioritized by the team.
- This job description is not a comprehensive list of responsibilities and is expected to change as agency and team needs require.