The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is recruiting for a new Program Associate in East and Southeast Asia. This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. The position will report to the Head of the East & Southeast Asia Chapter. The East & Southeast Asia (ESEA) Chapter Program Associate is a vital team member of the ESEA chapter. By understanding the needs of ANDE members working in the region, the Program Associate will lead specific program initiatives, develop content of the chapter activities, manage logistics, support day to day operations of the chapter, and provide administrative support for local operations when required
The Work of ANDE
As the leading global voice of the SGB sector, ANDE believes that SGBs are a powerful yet underleveraged tool in addressing social and environmental challenges. Since 2009, ANDE has grown into a trusted network of nearly 300 collaborative members that operate in nearly every developing economy. ANDE works to grow the body of knowledge, mobilize resources, and connect the institutions that support the small business entrepreneurs. ANDE is part of the Aspen Institute, a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society.
Working Life at ANDE
The ANDE team is from all around the globe with varied backgrounds, qualifications, and experiences. A career at ANDE is more than just a job – it means bringing your unique skill set and expertise to solve some of the global challenges we are trying to address. ANDE recognizes that the team is the most vital resource, and value their knowledge, passion, and commitment. Being a part of the ANDE team means working in a collaborative and supportive environment.
We offer the following opportunities to all of our global staff:
- Professional development opportunities, including access to ANDE professional development fund and online learning platform Pryor
- Team building, including happy hours, game sessions, and quarterly Wellness Hour events
- Opportunities to participate in ANDE’s global events, as well as seminars and convenings sponsored by the Aspen Institute
- Opportunities to participate in internal committees, such as Culture Building and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity task forces
The candidate will self-identify with or even have worked in an environment previously that aligns with ANDE’s Values. People who work at ANDE:
- are motivated by the urgency of the global challenges we are trying to address
- embrace diverse experiences and perspectives
- value community and collaborative action
- leverage limited resources for maximum impact
- work hard and have fun
This role will expose you to the SGB sector in East & Southeast Asia and provide various skill-building opportunities, including project management, program creation, multi-stakeholders building, and operations. Details descriptions about the role include the following:
Day-to-day work involves a wide variety of tasks from ideating chapter projects, membership communications, organizing and hosting activities with members and key actors in the region, to database updates, topic area research, and event prep. Each day will be different, but this role will provide exposure to a wide variety of skills experience, and topic areas throughout the small and growing business space in developing countries.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading and owning specific project initiatives, such as Knowledge Learning Labs, investment training programs and, townhalls from conception to implementation
- Building relationships with members and facilitating connections between the network
- Co-designing content, managing, scheduling of, and organizing logistics for, meetings and networking events for members, as well as topic area webinars
- The work routine involves a mix of in-office hours, work from home, and external events. Flexible hours and remote work to enable communications with our international staff and members in other time zones are often needed.
- Managing other chapter administrative tasks as needed
The ideal candidate for this role has the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preference will be given to those with Master’s degree or have a background in entrepreneurship, social impact, economics or business development
- 3-5 years of experience working in a similar role or experience with a nonprofits organization
- Experiences working in the entrepreneurial ecosystem and has good knowledge of ecosystem actors, specifically in Southeast Asia
- Knowledge expertise in climate and environment, development finance or gender-related issues is strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and communications skills, fluency in English is a must, another local language from the region will be considered
- Excellent with problem-solving, and is an efficient process development guru
- Ability to travel in the region, should the opportunity arises
- Experience studying or working overseas is highly preferred
- Team player mindset and is excited about engaging with many cultures
- Passion and interest in learning about the SGB sector
- Thrives in a startup environment, where it is on you to make it work
- All applicants must have current authorization to work in Thailand, consideration will be given to candidates based in Bangkok
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, Miro or any virtual tools
- Experience in Salesforce, Asana, and Campaign Monitor is highly preferred
Application Instructions – Please submit a cover letter including salary expectations and resume through the online portal. Applications without a cover letter and salary expectations will not be considered.
We are only recruiting candidates who are legally authorized to work in Thailand and those who do not require sponsorship.
Click the apply button above to start your application.