The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a global network of organizations that propel entrepreneurship in emerging markets. ANDE members provide critical financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses (SGBs) based on the conviction that SGBs will create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth, and produce environmental and social benefits. Ultimately, we believe that SGBs can help lift countries out of poverty.
Launched with 34 members in 2009, ANDE now comprises more than 290 members who collectively operate in more than 150 countries. Members of ANDE include both for and nonprofit investment funds, capacity development providers, research and academic institutions, development finance institutions, foundations and corporations from around the world. Based in Washington, D.C. with several offices in emerging markets, the ANDE team works hard to support members globally, and locally, while building strong ecosystems for entrepreneurial growth. ANDE develops unique initiatives to address systemic challenges and seize opportunities that can only be approached through collective action. You can read more about ANDE here.
We are looking for an intern who is interested in working in a diverse and global organization, has a passion for economic, social and environmental issues facing our region and the globe, and has an interest in learning how businesses and development organizations can work together to reduce poverty in developing countries. Our ideal candidate will be very socially conscious but will also have an interest in learning how small and growing business (SGBs), entrepreneurship, and startups can have an impact on the local economy. He/she will also be very detailed-oriented, organized, proactive, and willing and able to learn fast, and adjust easily to changing circumstances and priorities.
Specific roles and duties
- Create and maintain content for the chapter´s social media. Including daily monitoring, posting, scheduling and reporting LinkedIn/Twitter updates.
- Contribute to social media quantitative and qualitative analytics reporting.
- Monitor and research influencers, trending topics and tools
- Provide input for creative marketing strategies and social media campaigns
- Design the chapter updates with relevant news related to the sector monthly
- Manage editorial and event calendars
- Support the writing and edition of corporate bios, project descriptions and blogs
- Update the chapter´s website using WordPress with current events, relevant news, etc.
- Design event/program fliers, graphics and other marketing material
General administrative duties
- Support chapter staff with data entry. Update member and individual profiles in Sales Force (SF), keep our database of service providers updated, maintain our member list and profiles organized and current.
- Assist chapter staff with member meetings, learning labs, webinars, in-presence events, among others. Taking notes during meetings
- Support chapter staff researching and booking venues, arranging meals, creating event art-work/design, making name badges, organizing participants lists, checking for attendance, etc.
- Write follow-up and informational emails such as mass and individual invitations, follow-up on event questions and concerns.
- Create and manage PowerPoint presentations
- Support the translation into Spanish of documents originally in English.
- Current student, or recent graduate, in the fields of communications, multimedia, public relations, journalism, marketing, digital media, graphic design or similar fields.
- Must be willing to commit to at least a six-month internship.
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms including LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Proficiency in Canva, Campaign Monitor, Hootsuite, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired.
- Knowledge of HTML, website content management and graphic design is a plus
- Genuine enthusiasm for creating compelling marketing materials to support the chapter programming
- Self-starter, good time management, creative, with ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Excellent oral and writing skills including ability to synthesize information
- High proficiency in English language is a must (demonstrable).
- Enjoys supporting our team and our members for the ultimate goal of building a robust entrepreneurial ecosystem in developing countries to alleviate poverty.
What you will gain from this opportunity
- Access to a network of 51+ organizations working in the Andean region.
- Opportunity to interreact with diverse colleagues based all over the world.
- Ability to attend chapter trainings and meetings which are generally reserved for ANDE members and experts in the field.
- Improve your marketing/communications skills.
- Develop your oral and written communication skills in a professional setting.
- A chance to be creative and proactive as you will join a team that is willing to take your input an initiative into account.
- The flexibility to grow within your role if you are ambitious and demonstrate your potential and commitment.
Keep in mind that as a small and dynamic chapter this is not an exhaustive list of duties and we expect the candidate to be flexible.
Compensation: COP 1.600.000 monthly
To Apply: Please a send cover letter, resume, and previous writing/graphic work to Farid Juliao at