The Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society. Since its founding in 1949, the Institute has been driving change through dialogue, leadership, and action to help solve the most critical challenges facing communities in the United States and around the world. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Institute has a campus in Aspen, Colorado, and an international network of partners.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
To achieve our mission of a more free, just, and equitable society, we commit to working proactively to advance the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion across our myriad endeavors such as the recruitment, compensation, training, and advancement of staff. The best people-serving institutions make this commitment, and we seek to be a leader in the ways that we do so and learn from others. Visit our website to learn more about our commitment and recent actions taken toward building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment.
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a program within the Aspen Institute. The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a global network of organizations that propel entrepreneurship in emerging markets. ANDE members provide critical financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses (SGBs) based on the conviction that SGBs will create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth, and produce environmental and social benefits. Ultimately, we believe that SGBs can help lift countries out of poverty. Launched with 34 members in 2009, ANDE now comprises nearly 300 members who collectively operate in more than 150 countries.
ANDE is looking for an Programs Intern, based in our Bangkok, Thailand office. This is a part-time, term-limited position.
The Programs intern facilitates the day-to-day work of ANDE’s regional communications including but not limited to the following:
- Running event logistics (virtual and in-person), including setting up the event page, recommending appropriate venues, webinar support on Zoom, event promotion, note-taking, registering attendees, and updating campaigns.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following:
- A recent graduate or graduate student wanting to learn about entrepreneurship in emerging markets
- Must be willing to commit to at least a six-month internship.
- Understanding of the basic principles of operations and support functionalities
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent oral and writing skills including the ability to synthesize information.
- High proficiency in English language is a must (demonstrable).
- Enjoys supporting the team and members for the ultimate goal of building a robust entrepreneurial ecosystem in developing countries to alleviate poverty.
Details about the role:
- Six-month contract (with the possibility to be extended but to but not exceeding a year).
- 40 hours a week.
- Schedules are flexible to the intern’s availability.
- The work will be located in Bangkok. The office location is at Dice Coworking in Ari Soi 2, with the possibility to do home-office on some of the days if granted by the Regional Chapter Head.
The Institute has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy for all employees who will work at one of our physical locations, attend any of our in-person events or travel on behalf of the Institute. Staff unable to be vaccinated may request an exemption under certain circumstances.
The Aspen Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all District and federal laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.