Senior Sustainable Sourcing and Travel Manager – 22168
# of Openings: 1
WWF Washington, DC
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Senior Sustainable Sourcing and Travel Manager.
Responsible for procurement at WWF with a focus on sustainable sourcing and compliance. Develop and incorporate sustainable sourcing and diverse best practices within procurement. Develop and implement programs to generate cost savings, improve efficiencies, standardize, consolidate purchases, and promote greening practices to support WWF’s mission. Manage the institutional Travel Management Company (TMC) relationship and other vendor contracts for the Facilities department. Support facilities and building management functions of the DC based HQ LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Certificate) building as needed.
- Establish policy and procedures for institutional procurement in a decentralized setting, where institutional buyers such as IT and Facilities are responsible for their procurement. Manage procurement and RFP-related requests, including end-user training, RFP, and scoring table development. Develop, implement, and communicate standard bid documents.
- Set standards for ensuring compliance with procurement policy and guide implementors as needed to ensure compliance
- Set direction and implement diversity within WWF procurement, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Develop, and incorporate sustainable sourcing best practices for procurement. Recommend greening initiatives: research best practices, new technologies, innovations, and partners. Set direction and implement inclusion of sustainability as a best practice for procurement.
- Manage the institutional Travel Management Company (TMC), liaising with the TMC account manager to resolve critical issues, including technical and customer service. The travel coordinator manages the day-to-day responsibilities.
- Negotiate agreements with hotels, airlines, and catering vendors as needed to ensure better prices and greening practices
- Manage travel-related carbon calculations and procurement of carbon offsets.
- Manage miscellaneous service agreements such as office supplies, plant maintenance, and print services. Research and analyze organization spending data and industry benchmarks to support procurement. Provide capital expenditure analysis such as make versus buy, return on investment, and life cost models to facilitate purchasing decisions.
- Responsible for the financial management of the facilities and the building budget. Work with Sr. Budget Analyst (Finance) and Property Manager to develop the budget, manage performance and identify issues and related resolutions.
- Provide backup to the facilities manager to manage the HQ building and internal facilities function, including property management, mailroom services, staff requests, financial management, and space allocation policy.
- Manage LEED re-certification led by the property manager and a LEED consultant.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in business with experience in procurement, contract management or related experience is required.
- Minimum eight years of professional experience with purchasing, project management, and customer service. Additional certification or expertise in facilities and travel management along with experience with managing department finances is strongly preferred.
- Advanced procurement skills, including policy specification development, bid document preparation, bid analysis, negotiation, and compliance with legal requirements.
- Intermediate contract management and administration skills.
- Strong working knowledge of travel management processes.
- Strong working knowledge of facilities management functions.
- Strong Project Management and organization skills.
- Knowledge of financial performance management and associated function.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of staff and vendors.
- Ability to set priorities and manage a multitude of priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service focus and oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and database applications.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #22168
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.