The Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society. Since its founding in 1949, the Institute has been driving change through dialogue, leadership, and action to help solve the most critical challenges facing communities in the United States and around the world. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Institute has a campus in Aspen, Colorado, and an international network of partners.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
To achieve our mission of a more free, just, and equitable society, we commit to working proactively to advance the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion across our myriad endeavors such as the recruitment, compensation, training, and advancement of staff. The best people-serving institutions make this commitment, and we seek to be a leader in the ways that we do so and learn from others. Visit our website to learn more about our commitment and recent actions taken toward building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment.
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a global network of organizations that propel entrepreneurship in developing economies. ANDE members provide critical financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses (SGBs) based on the conviction that SGBs create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth, and produce environmental and social benefits.
As the leading global voice of the SGB sector, ANDE believes that SGBs are a powerful, yet underleveraged tool in addressing social and environmental challenges. Since 2009, ANDE has grown into a trusted network of nearly 300 collaborative members, representing a wide range of entrepreneurship support organizations, impact investors, researchers, donors and others relevant to the Small and Growing Business sector that operate in nearly every developing economy. ANDE grows the body of knowledge, mobilizes resources, and connects the institutions that support the small business entrepreneurs who build inclusive prosperity in developing economies.
ANDE is part of the Aspen Institute, a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society.
ANDE is looking for a Program Associate, based in Thailand. This is a full-time position.
The Job Specification:
You can easily come up with and implement a plan that everyone is excited to be part of. You thrive in a start-up environment. You love the idea that your program management, organizational and networking skills could contribute to a better livelihood for entrepreneurs throughout East and South East Asia.
The Program Associate will be an integral part of the East and Southeast Asia team, reporting to the East and Southeast Chapter Head. The Program Associate will support the East and South East Asia portfolio, activities and will also assist in special projects as needed. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and owning specific projects or initiatives, such as Learning Labs and programs from conception to implementation.
- Project managing larger initiatives that may span various departments and offices. Helping to structure programming and working with implementation staff to ensure quality delivery of program and tracking allocations and budgets to ensure projects are within budget.
- Building relationships with members and facilitating connections within the network.
- Scheduling of, and organizing meetings and networking events for members, as well as topic area webinars.
- Serve as program representative, facilitator, and speaker at sector-specific events.
- Support in any other role and tasks as needed.
The Program Associate will be motivated by a passion for ANDE’s mission and a drive for continuous learning and improvement. They will be a project manager, consultant, analyst and problem solver with exacting standards and an eye towards creativity and innovation. This role requires an individual who can balance strong attention to detail and analytical skills with an engaging, consultative, relationship-focused approach to working with people.
Additional, valued qualifications include:
- Has experience working in the entrepreneurial ecosystem and has good knowledge of ecosystem actors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English
- Ability to multitask and work independently and collaboratively to meet weekly, monthly, and quarterly deadlines
- Willingness to travel within the region
- Bachelor’s degree required
- All applicants must have current authorization to work in Thailand
- Ability to work across global teams with different time zones
Application Instructions – Please submit a cover letter including salary expectations and resume through the online portal. ANDE will not consider applications without a cover letter and salary expectations. We are only recruiting candidates authorized to work in Thailand who do not require sponsorship.
For more information, please visit www.andeglobal.org
The Institute has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy for all employees who will work at one of our physical locations, attend any of our in-person events or travel on behalf of the Institute. Staff unable to be vaccinated may request an exemption under certain circumstances.
The Aspen Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all District and federal laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.