What you’ll do…
At Walmart.org (Walmart Foundation and Walmart Corporate Giving), we aspire to reshape whole systems to achieve significant and lasting improvement in social, environmental, and economic outcomes. We focus on driving shared valued within the business and catalyzing broad sector change through our philanthropy.
We define sustainability as being good for both people and the planet. In this role, the Senior Manager of Sustainability at Walmart.org will lead philanthropic grant-making and partner on shared value projects for our efforts to advance dignity for people in supply chains – with a specific focus on increasing livelihoods through market access for small scale farmers and producers and advancing gender equity for workers in supply chains.
This program officer will work with non-profits, associates, philanthropic funders and key stakeholders to support inclusive economic opportunity in supply chains by 1) connecting farmer organizations/ producers to markets, 2) strengthening business skills and sustainability practices, 3) gathering and communicating learnings across investments and 4) developing tools/capabilities to embed a gender lens across investments. Beyond supply chains, this leader will support acceleration of gender equity across the work of Walmart.org.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the details below.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Shaping and implementing shared value and philanthropic strategy for inclusive economic opportunity for people in supply chains, including theory of change, theory of action, and related workstreams – with focus on the unique role that Walmart.org can play in helping to reshape systems.
- Contributing to development of the overall strategy to advance equity and dignity for people in supply chains.
- Serving as a subject matter expert on smallholder farmers, small scale producers and gender equity.
- Continuously learning throughout cycle of strategy, prioritization, and implementation.
- Collaborating with and building impact through share value initiatives with the business, including major cross-functional initiatives.
- Building strong partnerships that help unlock impact at scale.
- Representing Walmart.org on working externally and industry events.
- Executing and managing a portfolio of grants aligned to strategy.
- Building capacity of internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have a demonstrated track record in:
- Managing granting and/or re-granting portfolios.
- Conducting complex analyses to inform strategy and track results.
- Building capacity of internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Driving innovation and creative problem solving to achieve strategic objectives.
- Experience working and delivering impact in disciplines such as agriculture development, international development, social issues in supply chains, gender equity, sustainability, or across a combination of these.
- Experience working across diverse geographies and with diverse sets of organizations.
- Experience navigating, influencing and delivering results in highly matrixed organizations.
- Driving shared and individual accountability when operating as a member of teams.
- Supporting efforts that embed racial, gender or other forms of equity as a central element across different geographic and cultural contexts.
The skills we are looking for include the ability to balance strategic planning and program design, with an ability to manage governance and grant administration. We are also looking for someone who is curious, has an orientation towards collaboration, and who has passion for the role that both business and philanthropy can play in creating change. A commitment to equity is essential.
This position is based in Bentonville, Arkansas.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you’ll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, humanities, marketing, communication, journalism or related field and 4 years’ experience in non-profit management, grant-making, or related field OR 7 years’ experience in non-profit management, grant-making, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Non-profit Organization – Governmental, Presenting information to groups, Project Management, Sustainability – Social, Working on cross-functional teams or projects
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America