About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for information.
About the Role
One Acre Fund is looking for a Business Development Senior Manager to join our Business Development team. You will take over an existing portfolio of bilateral and multilateral partners and help to expand this portfolio over time. You will report to the Director of Global Government Partnerships to independently develop a pipeline of new partnership opportunities.
- In collaboration with the Public Partnerships team, develop a strategic approach for engaging European bilateral partners to support One Acre Fund’s growth goals.
New lead development and relationship-building
- Build new relationships to identify and pursue new funding opportunities.
- Develop compelling pitches and proposals that maximize earned revenue.
- Manage grant funding and steward relationships to guarantee a pathway to renewals.
- Collaborate with Business Development colleagues and field programs to maximize strategic opportunities with bilateral partners.
- Lead on co-creation of new grant proposals with field leads.
A spokesperson for the farmers
One Acre Fund contributes to global discussions around agricultural development. You will:
- Represent us at relevant events in Europe.
- Identify and pursue additional opportunities to advance our reputation in Europe.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, we are seeking someone with 10+ years of experience in public funding and a passion for our mission. You are encouraged to apply if you:
- Have fundraising experience in a recognized non-profit, bilateral or multilateral organization.
- Have existing networks in the bilateral and multilateral partner space.
- Hold an undergraduate or graduate degree in a relevant field.
- Speak the language of business in the context of social enterprises.
- Have a high level of English fluency. An additional European language (French, German) is ideal.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Utrecht or Amsterdam, Netherlands
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
11 October 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.